Marriage Preparation at St. Augustine includes the following elements:
- Taking the FOCCUS pre-marital inventory on-line and discussing it as a couple with a church representative.
- Participating in one of the Diocesan Marriage Preparation programs: either Pre-Cana or Engaged Encounter. If you are interested in checking the Pre Cana or Engaged Encounter dates please click on your choice.
- Meeting with a Natural Family Planning Teacher. For more information click on Natural Family Planning
- Assembling the proper sacramental documentation (i.e Baptism and Confirmation certificates)
- Completing some paperwork!
If you are going to do marriage prep here, but are not going to celebrate your wedding at St. Augustine, this entire process begins by setting up a meeting with Tom Rinkoski. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling him at the parish office at (352)-372-3533, extension 122.
If you are going to be married here at St. Augustine Church, also make sure you contact the priest you chose for the ceremony and coordinate with his calendar.
Please use the following links to see the full document of important and timely information about Marriage Preparation
and Wedding Scripture Readings
Daily marriage tips and articles about caring for your relationship pre and post marriage can be found on the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' website, For Your Marriage
If one of you is Catholic and your future spouse if of a different faith, Two Churches, One Marriage
helps you explore the challenges and rewards of an interchurch couple. If one of you is Catholic and your future spouse if of a different faith, helps you explore the challenges and rewards of an interchurch couple.