Here is what is needed 10/31/16:
We will prepare with Opening the Word. Please
- Take time to use Ignatian contemplation (what we went over this past week) as you read and open yourself up to the the readings for this Sunday, then
- watch the corresponding episode
- and e-mail me your answers to the following questions:
- As the video stated, "God is waiting to remake us". The first reading seeks to communicate God's great and unfathomable mercy and love for each of us. What lines stood out most to you and why?
- What is the quote by Saint John Paul II stated in the video and what does it mean?
- Jesus goes after each of us, despite who we are and how we view our own worthiness. Were you able to relate to Zaccaheus in the Gospel reading? Explain any connection you were able to make.
**Tuesday, November 1st is All Saints Day and is a Holy Day of Obligation**. There are several days throughout the year, apart from Sundays, in which Catholics are obliged to go to Mass. Want to know more about Holy Days of Obligation? Read the article:
"Holy Days of Obligation, or Holy Days of Opportunity"
Please plan to go to Mass on Tuesday, November 1st. St. Augustine's will offer a noon and 5:30pm Mass and all other area Catholic Churches will be offering Masses as well. Please figure out which Mass you will be going to and put that on your calendar!